Luminate Health, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Luminate", "we", "us" or "our") provide a web-based software to laboratories that allows their patients ("user", "users", "you", "your") to access, understand, and communicate lab test results (the "Services").
This Product Privacy Statement ("Statement") explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process users' personal information on behalf of our laboratory customers ("customers") in connection with the Services. Luminate is a business associate/service provider and Luminate's customers are the covered entities/data controllers with respect to such personal information.
Luminate's processing of personal information in connection with the Services is governed by this Statement and our customer agreements. In the event of any conflict between this Statement and a customer agreement, the customer agreement will control to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Luminate customers will provide you a separate HIPAA privacy notice that will govern their collection, use and disclosure of your information. This Statement is not a substitute for any notice that Luminate's customers are required to provide to their users.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information directly from users, from our lab customers, and from users' health care providers. This information may include:
- Account registration and contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, username and password.
- Biographical and demographic information, such as date of birth, age, and gender.
- Health and medical information, such as information about health conditions and diagnoses, testing information, treatments, medical history, medications, and lab results.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications from our customers, and details about your engagement with those communications.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer's or mobile device's operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor's device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect at the instruction of our customers and in accordance with our customer agreements, to provide the Services and for related internal purposes, including:
- To enable you to access and use the Services, including making your health information and test results available to you and your healthcare providers;
- To provide information about the Services, such as important updates, security alerts or changes to the Services;
- To inform you of our customers' new products and services that may be of interest you;
- To respond to your inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support;
- To customize the user experience, such as personalizing content and features and informing you about content we believe may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research regarding the Services;
- To improve the Services and develop new products and services; and
- To (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
We share the information we collect:
- With Luminate's customers, to the extent the information pertains to the labs' own patients;
- With your health care providers, including access to your health information for treatment and healthcare operations as permitted under applicable law. For example, on behalf of customers, we make the results of current and prior lab tests available to your healthcare providers for treatment;
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the Services;
- With Luminate's subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
We may also share personal information with government, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of Luminate's business or assets, including personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Luminate uses appropriate, commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable law. We cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. We recommend that our users and customers take steps to protect against unauthorized access to any devices or networks used to access the Services.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
International Data Transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. Luminate may transfer personal information about users outside of the country in which users are located, including to the United States.
Data Subject Rights
Luminate's customers are responsible for receiving and responding to users' requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law.
Creation of Anonymous and Aggregated Data for Analytics
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the our Service, Luminate often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the personal information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Luminate may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Luminate may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Other Sites And Services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
If you have any question about this Statement, you can contact us at [email protected] or through your account online on the Contact Us page.
Additionally, you may contact us by mail:
Luminate Health, Inc.
c/o Hero City
55 E 3rd Ave.
San Mateo, CA 94401